The meeting of Chief District Officers of Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur, held yesterday, decided to extend the lockdown till next week (i.e. Bhadra 31st). The committee further decided to ease the lockdown, which will be effective from today.
- Private and public vehicle to run under odd-even rules.
- Grocery shops to open till 11 AM and from 5-7 PM.
- E-learning is to be promoted.
- Shopping centres, malls, shoes and cosmetics stores to open on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
- Kitchenware stores to open on Sunday, Tuesday and Friday.
- Furniture and automobile shops are allowed to open on Monday and Wednesday.
- Repair Workshops for automobiles to open from 8 in the morning to 8 in the evening.
- Stationeries, Departmental Stores and footpath stalls are allowed to open till 11 AM and from 4-7 PM.
- Public vehicles having a place for a large number of passengers, need to limit it to 16 seats..
- Taxis must provide service to 2 passengers at a time.
- Takeaways and deliveries are to be done from noon to 7 in the evening.
- Gather or meet in large numbers.
- Engage the crowd for festivals.
- Attend seminars, parties or visit bookshops, beauty parlours, swimming pools and other recreational activities.
- Violate norms and rules as prescribed by the health authorities.
The rise in coronavirus cases is tremendous. Last week, there were 251 deaths caused by the novel virus, this week death tolls raised to 312. Consequently, practice all the healthy protocols strictly.