As the world learns to live with the coronavirus, the #BuildBackBetter Digital Innovation and AI Challenge will offer a platform for women-led start-ups to advance both gender equity in health security and systems, with a special focus on low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). Specifically, the #BuildBackBetter Digital Innovation and AI Challenge will identify innovative digital and AI solutions addressing health security during COVID-19 and future health emergencies with the potential to:
(a) increase the number of women as creators of digital health and AI solutions
(b) increase the number of women as leaders of digital health and AI companies and initiatives
(c) ensure that that digital health solutions enable health systems to meet the health needs of all genders
The winners of the challenge will be awarded $10,000 and the runners-up will receive $5,000 to develop their innovation further. Both the winner and the runner up will receive guidance from an innovation mentor. These mentors will be assigned by Women in Global Health.
- Your start-up must be (co-)founded by a woman ✓
- Your start-up must be based in a low-middle income country, as defined by the World Bank ✓
- Definition and countries here: https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519-world-bank-country-and-lending-groups
- Your start-up must have a health emergency-focus and your idea must support greater gender parity in global health security during COVID-19 and for future pandemic preparedness ✓
- Your idea must be a digital or AI innovation ✓
- A member of your team must be available to pitch during the finals in November 2020 ✓
- You provide two professional references. References will only be contacted if you reach the final.
- Preference will be given to WGH Chapter members and partners, but anyone can apply.
To know more, check out their official website.